Thursday, March 01, 2007

Post Post 1

Well the shoot actually ended up going quite well. Jan came through in a pinch to be the lead, a Freshman named Jake that linked up with me through a post I put on craigslist ended up doing really well, and Jim and Collin came aboard to help me behind the camera in a big way. Since this was a location shoot, with multiple actors, there was no way I could have done this without their help.

As I said, the shoot went pretty well, we started filming about 630pm and wrapped at exactly 12a. The gennie ran out of gas on the third-to-last shot, but Collin was a sport and took me to fill it up. And then my car died on the last shot, so we had to push it into position for the last shot. Thankfully, it only ended up needing a jump.

I'm capturing the footage itself as I type this, and some of it looks really, really good. Some of it is iffy. But nothing that can't be massaged in FCP or, last resort, AE. But I don't think I have anything that looks bad--which is really miraculous. Especially considering that I was still not recovered from being sick, and that it was cold as balls out. Really fucking cold.

Hopefully, the effort that everyone put into my video will show. If not, the blame can only rest with me.

No comments: